Hi guys, bellow is a step by step guide on how to root the Tecno phantom 6, we have made it easy for you, all you need is comprehend and follow the steps for a successful root.
All thanks to Team Hovatek, for porting and deporting the rooting guides.
How to Root Tecno phantom 6 - Step by Step guide
1. You will need absolute patience in following the steps below
2. A Twrp recovery image today we will use an image Ported by Team Hovatek (Download HERE)
3. A Super SU.zip (Download HERE)
4. After downloading the above files, next is to Unlock the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6
How Can I Root Tecno Phantom 6?
1. Now copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
2. Next is to Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC See guide HERE
3. When done with step 2 above, Extract and copy the twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
4. Then unlock Tecno Phantom 6 boot loader by following the steps HERE
5. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
In TWRP, you may get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, ensure to tap (KEEP READ ONLY)
And if TWRP offers to root the phone, ensure to select NO
8. In TWRP recovery, tap Install
9. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
10. Now Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
Reboot the phone normally.
Once you are done, confirm if your device has been successfully rooted by installing root checker.