Rooting your Tecno W3 will be a very simple thing to do if you follow the step by step guide provided in this post. The Tecno W3 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow one of androids latest OS, Rooting the 6.0 marshmallow is not an easy thing to do because of google google latest security upgrades, all thanks to hovatek though for making this possible
Table of Contents
Requirements to root Tecno W3
▪Download and install VCOM drivers on your PC see - Here
▪A SuperSU.Zip file - Here
Download TWRP for Tecno W3 ported by Team Hovatek See Here
TWRP for Tecno W3-H806A1-M-161230V103 ported by Team Hovatek See Here
TWRP for Tecno W3-H806A1-M-170204V109 ported by Team Hovatek See Here
TWRP for Tecno W3-H806A1-M-170222V112 ported by Team Hovatek See Here
▪Download Sp flash tool -Here
How to Root Tecno W3
1. Copy the SuperSU.zip you just downloaded to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
2. Now switch off the phone
3. Next flash the TWRP recovery.img to the phone using this SP Flash tool guide
4. Boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button
5. If you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow TWRP modify the system partition then go ahead and swipe. To swipe, place your finger on the green circle then slide it to the right
6. In TWRP recovery, tap Install
7. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip and select it
8. Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
9. Reboot the phone normally
You can confirm Root access by installing and running Root Checker. That’s all on how to root Tecno W3, I hope it works for you.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.