How To Root Tecno Camon CX – The Tecno Camon CX and Camon CX Air are currently the Latest and Hottest Tecno phones at the moment. This rooting guide is only for the Camon CX (CX-H501D1-N-170405V107) which is an MT6755 powered phone by Tecno running on Android 7 (Nougat), that of the Camon CX Air will be available on our next post, Stay tuned.
How can I root my Tecno Camon CX?
Tor root your Camon CX There are three main steps involved:
- Unlocking the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon CX
- Flashing the Hovatek TWRP / Philz recovery.img and SuperSU.zip
- And Lastly: confirming Root by installing and running Root Checker
- Download either of the two custom recoveries below TWRP or Philz :
- TWRP for Tecno Camon CX ported by Team Hovatek See Here
- Philz for Tecno Camon CX ported by Team Hovatek See Here
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide at See Here
- Extract and copy the TWRP / Philz recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Follow this guide to Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon CX See Here
- Now Download SuperSU 2.76.zip See Here
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both the Internal and External SD cards
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don’t forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
- When the phone enters Fastboot, load the TWRP / Philz recovery to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
fastboot boot recovery.img
- The phone should automatically boot into TWRP / Philz recovery mode (depending on which you flashed)
- Do a full backup by tapping Backup (Recommended) then proceed
- In TWRP / Philz if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
- If TWRP / Philz offers to root the phone, select NO
- In TWRP / Philz recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip on External SD card and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip (if prompted) and wait till flashing is complete
- Reboot the phone normally
- Lastly you need to Confirm Root access on the Tecno Camon CX by installing and running Root Checker.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.