How to root Tecno Camon CX Air: The Tecno Camon CX Air (e.g CXAIR-H3713A-N-170618V105) is an MT6735 powered phone running on Android 7 (Nougat), we have also written a comprehensive guide on How to root Tecno Camon CX here.
How can I root my Tecno Camon CX Air?
There are two main steps involved when rooting Tecno Camon CX Air
- Unlocking the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon CX Air
- Flashing the Hovatek Philz recovery.img and SuperSU.zip
Please Strictly follow these procedures to avoid bricking your CX Air device
- Download Philz for Tecno Camon CX Air ported by Team Hovatek See Here
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide at See Here
- Extract and copy the Philz recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Follow this guide to Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon CX Air See Here
- Now Download SuperSU 2.76.zip See Here
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both the Internal and External SD cards
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don't forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
- When the phone enters Fastboot, load the Philz recovery to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
fastboot boot recovery.img
- The phone should automatically boot into Philz recovery mode (depending on which you flashed)
- Do a full backup by tapping Backup (Recommended) then proceed
- In Philz if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
- If Philz offers to root the phone, select NO
- In Philz recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip on External SD card and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip (if prompted) and wait till flashing is complete
- Reboot the phone normally
- Lastly you need to Confirm Root access on the Tecno Camon CX Air by installing and running Root Checker.
Thats All on How to Root Tecno Camon CX Air, Stay Tunned.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.