How to root the Tecno WX3P: The Tecno WX3 Pro or WX3P (e.g WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63) is an MT6580 powered phone running on Android 7.0 (Nougat)
This post contains detailed procedure on how to root Tecno WX3P, so ensure you follow the steps strictly to avoid bricking your device.
How to root the Tecno WX3P
To root Tecno WX3P follow these steps below, Note that the 2 Tecno WX3P builds in this guide requires different SuperSU for root to be successful.
- Dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box Here
- For Tecno WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63 Build, Download SuperSU 2.78 from the link Here and save to both phone storage and SD card
- For Tecno WX3P-H8017AB-N-170829V142 Build, Download SuperSU 2.82 from this link Here and save to both SD card and phone storage just like like in the build above
- Now Create a new folder named TecMobs on your PC
- Copy preloader.bin from your Miracle Box backup into the TecMobs folder you just created
- Download Philz for Tecno WX3P-H8017AB-N-170523V63 Build ported by Team Hovatek Here
- Download Philz for Tecno WX3P-H8017AB-N-170829V142 ported by Team Hovatek Here
- Copy the Philz recovery.bin and scatter file from the Philz zip file downloaded above into the Hovatek folder, making peloader.bin, scatter file and recovery.bin (Philz) in the folder
- Flash the preloader.bin and recovery.bin using Miracle Box Here
- Boot the phone into recovery mode (Vol up + Power) after flashing
- In Philz recovery, you use the up and down Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select
- Now Select Install Zip
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.78.zip on the SD Card and select it
- Wait till flashing is complete
- If you are prompted to fix root, select No
- Reboot the phone normally
- Confirm Root success on the Tecno WX3P by installing and running Root Checker see Here
Did you succeed in rooting your Tecno WX3P? Tell us below using the comment box.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.