How to root the Tecno WX3 LTE: The Tecno WX3 LTE (e.g WX3LTE-B50048EFH-N-170512V4) is one of the smartphones in the Tecno New WX-Series, it is powered by the MT6737M SoC and runs on Android 7 (Nougat).
This post contains detailed procedure on how to root Tecno WX3 LTE ensure you follow the steps strictly to avoid bricking your device.
How can I root my Tecno WX3 LTE?
To root Tecno WX3 LTE, There are two main steps involved:
- Unlocking the Bootloader of the Tecno WX3 LTE
- Flashing the Hovatek Philz recovery.img and SuperSU.zip
- Firstly, Download Philz for Tecno WX3 LTE ported by Team Hovatek Here
- Now setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide see Here
- Extract and copy the Philz recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- When done, Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno WX3 LTE using the guide see Here
- Next is to Download SuperSU 2.82.zip see Here
- Now copy SuperSU.zip to the phone’s External storage (SD card)
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don’t forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
- When your phone enters Fastboot mode, load the Philz recovery to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Your WX3 LTE phone should automatically boot into Philz recovery mode
- In Philz recovery, use the up and down Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select
- Now Select Install Zip
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.82.zip on the SD Card and select it
- Wait till flashing is complete
- If you are prompted to fix root, select No
- Reboot the phone normally
- Confirm Root on your WX3 LTE phone by installing and running Root Checker see here
Did you succeed in rooting your Tecno WX3 LTE? Tell us below using the comment box.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.